If you haven’t read the post from Friday, please do so. It is very lengthy but insightful.
Here are some New Testament passages where the phrase “one another” is used. There are some interesting themes that he uses that I will attempt to crystallize at the end.
· Romans 13:8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.
· Romans 14:13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother’s way.
· Romans 15:7 Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.
· Romans 15:14 I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, complete in knowledge and competent to instruct one another.
· Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
· Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
· Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
· Hebrews 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.
· Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
· 1 Peter 1:22 Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart.
· 1 John 3:11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
· 1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
· 1 John 4:11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
Love one another. Stop passing judgment on one another. Accept one another. Instruct one another. Bear with one another. Be kind and compassionate to one another. Admonish one another with wisdom. Encourage one another. Spur one another on towards love and good deeds. Love on another deeply. Love one another. Love one another. Love one another.
1. Loving one another involves striving. Being patient, forgiving, spurring each other on, loving deeply, instructing one another, and encouraging all take energy and endurance.
2. We are supposed to teach and learn from one another.
3. We love because God loves us. If God loves us, who am I not to love my neighbor?